Health & Safety - Our Commitment at Quality Inn PetalumaOur Sonoma Wine Country retreat awaits you, with enhanced cleaning protocols, minimum contact exposure, redesigned public spaces and loads of new preventive measures.
Our stringent protection guidelines only reflect this care and commitment, and aligned with the directives of different authorities, including California Department of Public Health (CDPH), California Hotel & Lodging Association (CHLA), and Sonoma County Health Department. Contact our Concierge Desk directly to clarify doubts and queries. Let us assist you in your well-deserved vacation in the heart of Sonoma Valley.
We regularly monitor changes to public health guidance and state/local orders for public spaces and as the pandemic situation continues, we will update our guidelines accordingly. Stay abreast with the latest travel updates from the official CDC website.
Our Safety Checklist - Check-in through Check-outKeeping your safety first, our clear and transparent process aims to minimize your contact with the local team and other guests at every step. We have aligned our check-in and check-out terminals to the current situation, and enhanced our guestroom features to reflect the same.
Front Desk Decorum:
- Guest Screening: Guests are asked to wear face covering when entering the lobby and to use designated hand sanitizer located at the front desk.
- Signage: Appropriate signage is prominently displayed communicating protocols on social distancing, PPE and other measures for personal safety.
- Peak Hour Queueing: During high occupancy, please co-operate with the lobby greeter in maintaining the queue outside front doors. Ensure that you maintain proper physical distance of minimum 6 feet.
During Your Stay
- Guest room service: Any deliveries to the guest room would be made available using contactless pick-up and delivery protocols.
- Minimizing Contact: Employees are not to enter room when guests are in room.
- No Reusable Collateral: Magazines, menus, local attraction details, coupons, etc. are removed from rooms. Critical information will be provided as single-use collateral and/or electronically posted.
Presumptive Cases:In the event of a presumptive case of the pathogen, the following protocol will come in effect:
- Quarantine: Guest's room will be removed from service and quarantined.
- Confirmation: Room will not be returned to service until the case has been confirmed or cleared.
- Sanitization: In the event of a positive case, the room will only be returned to service after undergoing an enhanced sanitization protocol.
- Disinfect RFID key cards: All key cards will be disinfected before putting back into circulation.
- PPE Requirement: Housekeeping and Maintenance personnel are required to apply face coverings, masks and gloves while cleaning takes place.
Other Preventive Measures at Our California Wine Country HotelWe have established strict sanitization protocols for common spaces to secure a clean and healthy environment during your Sonoma Valley vacation. Be ensured that our diligent staff are equipped with the necessary knowledge and tools to deal with forthcoming challenges.
Physical Distancing & Screening Procedures:
Public Space Redesign:
Maintaining minimum person-to-person safe distance of six feet.
- Plexiglass barrier at front desk
- Visual cues in high-density areas, including check-in, check-out, and lobby
- Common space furniture rearranged or taken away
- Sanitizers available at FOH & BOH, workstations and lobby counters
Use of Protective Equipment:
Employees are required to wear protective equipment in the vicinity of others, including other employees.
- Face Coverings
- Face-Shields (optional)
- We are eliminating person-to-person contact for delivery of goods.
- Deliveries from outside are not handed to employees, but left on desk or floor.
Employee Health Check:
- All employees to perform a daily online or paper self-check for the pathogen at the beginning of their shift.
- Workers who are sick or exhibiting symptoms are asked to stay home.
- Pre-shift Meetings to be held at spaces that allow proper physical distancing.
Enhanced Cleaning & Disinfecting Provisions:
- Schedule Frequent Cleaning: High traffic areas including the hotel lobby, front desk, check-in counters, break rooms and kitchen are cleaned with EPA and CDC prescribed cleaners twice a day.
- Disinfecting Employee Spaces: All shared stations, tools and equipment are sanitized before, during and after each shift or anytime the equipment is transferred to a new employee. This includes all direct contact items like communication devices, payment terminals, kitchen supplements, engineering tools et cetera.
- EPA Approved Chemicals: A list of EPA approved antiviral chemicals are available at the front desk.
- Fabric Wash: Terry and linen are washed as prescribed by the manufacturer.
- Staff Training: Our diligent staff are duly trained on safety implementations and the proper usage of sanitizing chemicals.